1 Student Assistant/ Studentische Hilfskraft (SHK) 19 hours/week
(3 months with the possibility of extension until end of 2016; amount of work hours can be negotiated)
for the coordination office of the network-project ‚Crossroads Asia’, www.crossorads-asia.de.
Crossroads Asia is a six-year interdisciplinary cooperation project of seven German universities and research institutes funded by BMBF under the ‘Enhancing Area Studies’-program line. For the purpose of the project Crossroads Asia is understood to stretch from Eastern Iran to West-China and from the Aral Sea to Northern India. The head-office of the project is located at ZEF under the supervision of scientific coordinator Dr. Markus Kaiser.
– Assist the scientific coordinator of the research project
– Administrative work, including maintenance of address data base and mailing lists
– Maintenance of network homepage
– Organisation of Crossroads Asia lectures, workshops and conferences
– Compilation of literature and literature reviews for selected topics
– Editing and proof-reading of publications, articles etc.
Background of applicants:
– Background: sociology, political science, geography, development studies, Asian Studies etc.
– Advanced level of studies (Master-Student)
– Excellent speaking and writing skills in English; German skills are a strong asset; other language skills as well
– Proficiency in computer programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.;
– Proficiency in Indesign, Typo03 and Adobe Pro is an asset
– Work experience as student assistant and/or office work is an asset
– Effective time management
– Creativity and ability to work self-dependent
Please note that candidates for this position must be enrolled at a German university in a regular BA or (first) MA-Programme (or equivalent; Diplom/Magister). If you already have a Masters degree (all fields, programmes and universities, also outside of Germany), you are not eligible for this position. Unfortunately we cannot make any exceptions in this regard.
Start for position: April 1st, 2015
Call for Applications is open until position is filled.
In case of equal suitability female candidates will be preferred.
Please contact Nelli Nokkala for further details. Interested candidates should submit an application with a letter of interest, a current CV and relevant appendices as one Pdf-file by Email to:
Crossroads Asia Coordination office
Center for Development Research
ZEFa/ University of Bonn
+49 (0) 228 73-1722 (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays); firstname.lastname@example.org