CfA: MA in Modern Sinology, University of Göttingen
The MA program in „East Asian Studies/Modern Sinology“ at the University of Göttingen (Germany) invites applications for the winter semester of 2023/24.
The Master’s degree program offers students a wide range of specializations related to the study of China, covering the period from the 18th century to the present. After completing your B.A. in Sinology/Chinese Studies or a related field, you can expand your language and cultural skills in this program and deepen your knowledge of methods and theories from the humanities and social sciences. The aim is to develop analytical skills for academic and executive positions in politics, business, and society.
- 4 semesters
- no tuition fees (as standard in the German university system)
- taught entirely in English and Chinese
- starts every winter semester (mid-October)
- highly interdisciplinary
- excellent partner universities and regular exchange with visiting scholars
- optional semester abroad
Research and study focus at the department:
- History and Philosophy of modern China
- Society and Economics of modern China
- Global History, focus on China
- Didactics of Chinese as a foreign language
(Please note that the study of Chinese literature is not one of the focus areas of our program.)
For further information, visit the program’s website and the Chinese Studies homepage or contact Dr. Henrike Rudolph (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Online information event for prospective students: March 15, 2023, 6 pm (German time).
Zoom meeting: https://uni-goettingen.zoom.us/j/63449473031
Meeting ID: 634 4947 3031