CfA: Post-Doc Researcher, Arnold Bergstraesser Institute Freiburg, TVL 13/75%, 2 years (Deadline: 2021-07-21)
The Arnold Bergstraesser Institute Freiburg (Germany) is seeking to fill the position of Post-Doc Researcher (Salary Level TVL 13/75%)
Thematic field: Conflict and/or Governance
Preferable regional specialisation: South Asia/Southeast Asia/West Asia/MENA
The successful candidate is expected to start by the 1st September 2021 and will be initially appointed for a period of two years.
- Completed PhD in political sciences or in a related social science
- Established publication record in the field of conflict and/or governance
- Thematic focus in the area of conflict and/or contested governance
- Regional focus preferable South Asia/Southeast Asia, or West Asia/MENA
- Very good English language skills, regional language skills are an asset, basic German communication skills (can be acquired after job commencement).
- Fieldwork experience and willingness to conduct fieldwork in research locations
- Experience in the acquisition and management of third-party funded research projects is advantageous
In addition to participating in the ongoing work of the research institute, the successful candidate is expected to conduct their own scientific work (research, publications). In particular, the successful candidate is expected to apply for third-party funded research proposals in their field of research. The position can be increased to full-time through successful grant applications. There are no teaching or administrative obligations.
The ABI orientates themselves on the principles of equality and diversity in their hiring practices. Applications from the Global South and BIPOC-scholars are welcome.
Applications including the usual documents (motivation letter, CV, list of publications) should be sent by the 21st July 2021 in electronic format (one PDF, max. 8 MB) to sekretariat.abi[at]abi.uni-freiburg.de.
For more information please contact Dr. Martin Adelmann, via telephone (+49(0)761/ 88878-15) or e-mail (martin.adelmann[at]abi.uni-freiburg.de).