CfP: The 2020 International Conference on the History of Christian Protestant Missionaries (deadline: 2020-06-30)
In honor of missionary contributions to Taiwan, Changhua Christian Hospital Historical Museum collaborates with Asia Pacific Studies, University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN), Department of History, Tung Hai University, Department of History, National Chung Shing University, and Presbyterian Church in Taiwan (PCT) to host the 2020 International Conference on the History of Christian Protestant Missionaries.
Conference Date: September 24-25, 2020
Conference Venue: Changhua Christian Hospital (CCH) International Education and Training Center (B1)
Conference Theme: Sharing Spaces — British Protestant Missionaries to Formosa
- Translating God: Missionary Linguistics
- Social Development and Missionary Values
- Medical Mission History and the Practice of Social Care
- Missionary Historiography in Taiwan
- Missionary Recordings of Environment Sustainability and Climate Change
- The History and Influence of Women Missionaries
- The Global and the Local: The Transnationalism of missionary movements
- Practice of historical Archive research
In addition to the topics mentioned above, other contributions related to the study of Taiwanese Christian culture, or the study of missionary history not limited to Taiwan, inter-denominational missionary issues of evangelicals, and contemporary challenges of Christian culture and history are all welcome.
Type of Article:
- Research Article: Contributions for academic papers are welcome.
- Case Sharing: Seminaries, churches, literature and history workers, and missionaries to submit reports on case works are also welcome.
- Either Chinese or English are welcome to submit.
- Full Paper Submission (including Chinese and English abstracts): 24:00, Monday, August 31, 2020.
- Send by email. Please send your full text to email@example.com.
- Please send the submission with the subject of “Full text of the International Conference on the History of Christian Protestant Missionaries 2020.” The file of the full text should be labled as “Full text-Subject Number-Paper Name-Author.” (e.g., Full text-1-Xiamen Dictionary and Gospel Mission-Wang Xiaoming)
- Power Point Submission for present
- Deadline for Submission of PPT: 24:00, Thursday, September 10, 2020
- Send by email. If the file is too large to attach, it can be sent on a CD. Please send your PPT file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send the submission with the subject of “PPT of the International Conference on the History of Christian Protestant Missionaries 2020.” The file of the full text should be labled as “PPT-Subject Number-Paper Name-Author.” (e.g., PPT-1-Xiamen Dictionary and Gospel Mission-Wang Xiaoming)
- At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register for the conference and present the paper.
- Paper Acceptance and Publication
- Completed Manuscript Deadline: 24:00, Monday, February 1, 2021.
- All full papers sent for conference proceedings will be published after amendment and review by the peer reviewers.
Address: Department of History, National Chung Shing University
No.145, Xingda Rd., South Dist., Taichung City 40227, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Contact Person: chang yuen-shen