The successful candidate must be willing to be based in Berlin.
Responsibilities for the PhD position include conducting empirical research for the ERC research project, working on joint research publications, and assisting organizing activities at the FU China Studies Institute such as workshops or events.
– Completed master degree by the time of appointment
– Field open to any social-science discipline, e.g. political science, economics, Chinese studies, or sociology
– Fluency in English and Chinese. German is not a must
– First experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods (e.g. field work)
– Research focus on digitalization/AI and political economy issues in China is a plus
-The successful candidate must be willing to be based in Berlin.
Applications quoting the reference code must be received no later than March 16th, 2020 preferably electronically in one PDF file to Prof. Dr. Genia Kostka: email@example.com or postal to
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Geschichts- und Kulturwissenschaften
Ostasien und Vorderer Orient
Institute of Chinese Studies
Prof. Dr. Genia Kostka
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)