Taiwan Europe Connectivity Workshop
The ERCCT organises a yearly Taiwan Europe Connectivity Workshop (formerly called Young Scholars Workshop), so Ph.D. students (3rd year and above) and postdocs of the social sciences working on academic projects related to Taiwan or China are invited to submit their application.
The workshop will provide young scholars with the opportunity to:
- present their research to an international audience;
- engage in scholarly exchange on topics related to theory and methodology;
- fine-tune the theoretical framework of their respective research projects;
- write an article on their research for publication in the Journal of Current Chinese Affairs;
- get to know Tuebingen and its University;
Ten to twelve young scholars (five-six each from Europe and Taiwan) will be invited to attend.
Travel expenses and accommodation are fully covered by the ERCCT.
The ERCCT will hold its second Taiwan Europe Connectivity Workshop from 16 to 22 July, 2023. The main topic for this year’s workshop is „New leeway for Taiwan in the international arena?“
Other paper submissions pertaining to the fields of Taiwan politics, society, economics and cross-strait relations are highly welcomed.
Travel expenses (up to 1,250 EUR) and accommodation will be covered by the CCKF-ERCCT. Successful applicants are requested to submit a research paper after the workshop for online publication in the CCKF-ERCCT Online Paper Series.
For application, please send your CV and an outline of your research project (5-6 pages) until 15 March, 2023 to:
Stefan Braig, M.A.
ERCCT Managing Director