CfA: CUHK Vice-Chancellor Early Career Professorships
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), a comprehensive research-led university ranked among the best and most international in the world, invites outstanding scholars and scientists to join us as Assistant Professor or Associate Professor under the University’s flagship Vice-Chancellor Early Career Professorship Scheme.
Scholars and scientists in any discipline, including clinician-scientists, with a PhD or equivalent degree obtained not more than 10 years earlier than the date of application, are warmly invited to apply.
Applicants interested in the following four interdisciplinary research areas are especially encouraged to apply, although applications in other research fields are also welcome.
• China: Tradition and Modernity
• Information and Automation Technology
• Innovative Biomedicine
• Environment and Sustainability
The CUHK Strategic Plan 2021–2025, “CUHK 2025: Excellence with Purpose and Responsibility”, discusses these areas in detail and is available at the University Homepage https://www.cuhk.edu.hk.
Successful candidates will be offered:
• Named tenure-track appointment as “Vice-Chancellor Assistant Professor” or “Vice-Chancellor Associate Professor”
• Basic salary of not less than HK$1 million per annum plus one-off start-up fund of up to HK$2 million
• Benefits such as relocation support, housing allowance, leave, medical benefits and retirement benefits
• Teaching load reduction for the first two years and abundant opportunities for interdisciplinary or cross-Faculty collaboration
• Access to a wide network of global partners and opportunities in the Greater Bay Area
• Excellent research support and infrastructure
Details are available at https://cuhk.hk/vc-ecp. Application materials should be submitted online and include a curriculum vitae, a research plan, a teaching statement, and contact information of three referees. Application will close on September 30, 2023.