CfP: IJTS Research Article Competition
The International Journal of Taiwan Studies (IJTS) is pleased to announce the IJTS Research Article Competition for the academic year 2023–2024.
This competition is open to anyone with a scholarly interest in Taiwan except members of the judging panels. We welcome submission of original research articles relevant to the broadly defined field of Taiwan studies.
· There are two categories for entry: Art & Humanities; and Social Sciences.
· The article should be between 6,000 and 12,000 English words in length, including references and notes. Please follow our Instructions for Authors carefully (https://brill.com/fileasset/downloads_products/Author_Instructions/IJTS.pdf) and submit the article online via the Editorial Manager (https://www.editorialmanager.com/ijtsbrill/default2.aspx).
· Upon submission, please indicate where appropriate (1) the submission is for the IJTS Research Article Competition, 2023–2024; and (2) for which one of the two subject categories you wish your article to be considered.
· Articles must not have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
· Submissions may be co-authored, but in the case of a co-authored submission winning, any prize will be split between the authors.
· Entrants may only submit one article per category. All submissions must be received by the IJTS Editorial Manager by 30 September 2023.
Judging and Prizes
· The evaluation of entries will be completed on 31 March 2024.
· Articles must be relevant to Taiwan studies and will be judged on: quality of content; intellectual rigour; relevance; originality; and quality of presentation.
· The competition will award the best research article in each category. Winners will be notified in mid-May 2024. Each winner will receive a monetary award of £300 and a certificate. Moreover, the winning articles will be published in the IJTS after appropriate revision following peer review.
· IJTS reserves the right to withhold the award of any or all prizes if the articles submitted do not meet the standard deemed appropriate by the judges.
· IJTS’s decisions on the competition will be final and is not subject to any appeal.
· Any questions about this competition, please contact the IJTS Editorial Office (email@example.com) and Dr. John Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line ‘IJTS Research Article Competition Enquiry’.
· IJTS website: https://brill.com/view/journals/ijts/ijts-overview.xml